The Big Picture: Strategies for Web-Enabling Your Database
- Identify clients, servers, and the other components of the
- Explain how Perl can be used to create the "middleware".
Lab: Make Sure Everything Works
Here is a script that tests your software and configuration.
It verifies that all the pieces
(browser, web server, perl interpreter, middleware, database server, database data)
are installed, configured correctly, and working.
It provides detailed diagnostics for troubleshooting, just in case.
It should yield a list of fictitious non-fiction.
- Download and install the source code on your own web server.
- Run it on your own web server (assuming you installed it in your
cgi-bin directory). Note: this hyperlink will give an error if you haven't installed
the script on your own web server.
- cr-ix-db.pl is Reed White's version of the
database setup-and-test script for a remote Informix server.
If you're using Informix, download and install this
source code and
Dan Keller Technical Services © 2000