Problems with CGI Scripts
What problems could a CGI script have?
The specific problem we will have to deal with in our upcoming lab
is the termination problem.
- Syntax problems
- Syntax error in the script itself
- Permission problems
- CGI script cannot execute (execute bit not turned on)
- Script has wrong permissions
- Semantic problems
- Script violates HTTP protocol (e.g., forgetting to send
"Content-Type: text/html" before any other output)
- Termination problems
- Script calls exit or die
- Script calls an illegal function (e.g., symlink on Windows)
The DBI::connect subroutine could cause Perl
Why do we care so much about dealing with these problems?
Dan Keller Technical Services © 2000