Strategy 2 -- Graphical Authoring Tools
Example: Netscape Composer
- The bad news:
- There are lots of things it can't do.
- The HTML it generates isn't pretty.
- It loses our indents when we load hand-written HTML.
button rarely works; upload with FTP.
- The good news: It's easy to use.
- Needn't learn HTML.
- Point-and-click, drag-and-drop, cut-and-paste WYSIWYG GUI -- easy!
- Loss of detailed control of the result.
- Tools are always a step behind the newest Web features.
- More software to install and manage.
Other Authoring Tools