The Server Side
- Typically, the server side consists of a legacy application,
a web server, and software that serves as the glue between them.
- Typically, this software is written in Java and can be developed
relatively quickly and cheaply.
- Other languages (notably, Perl) and development environments
(notably, Microsoft) are available.
- A popular XML-based protocol is
Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP).
- Consider the
architecture of the server side.
- There is much in common between XML and relational databases.